Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Tulle Version Of Marilyn Monroe's Lace Premiere Dress




 This dress is styled after the dress worn by Marilyn Monroe after she had the satin sash removed and replaced with tulle. All of the materials were things I had on hand, every now and then I like to see what I can do with stash fabrics. I used ivory Alencon lace over ivory bridal satin with ivory tulle across the front. Marilyn had tulle added to both sides of the dress, if you look closely you can see it rapped around from the side across the back. I decided to go with just one side for this dress, I liked the way it looked better. I finished off the top edge of the dress with a vintage pearl and sequin applique, its a bit wider than Marilyn's original dress but I liked it with a little more bling. Below are the pictures Marilyn with the tulle version. My dress is available for purchase here https://www.etsy.com/listing/158541366/marilyn-monroe-inspired-wedding-dress?ref=shop_home_active







No comments:

Post a Comment