Wednesday, February 6, 2013

50's Black Satin Wiggle Dress-Request





 This fabulous dress was a custom request. The above images are the original 1950s dress that had been sold, these were sent to me by my customer I do not know who sold the dress. These pictures are used only for reference, i do not own the rights to them.


Though the original dress appears to have been made using a taffeta fabric, my customer chose a stretch satin and wanted a pop of color added so we went with a pink stretch velvet. Adding piping around the neckline/under-bust seam and the bust petals. She also chose to go without the large bow on the back. The bust has built in bra cups and boning, the front and sides also have boning to keep it smooth through the midriff. Side pleated skirt with two gathered panels creating a train on the back of the skirt.





3 comments:

  1. Oh my Esther... now I think I want one of these as well!

    HRF

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original seller looks like poshporscha :)

    Actually I investigated and it was her's-https://www.etsy.com/transaction/80276878
    She has fantastic stuff!

    Also, I've been reading your blog all day. I wish I could sew like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! people send me pictures of things and they dont tell me where they found the images. Glad to hear you are enjoying the blog :-)

      Delete